Building a website on Squarespace is one of the most accessible and user-friendly websites platforms if you’re looking to build a website. You can create a site from scratch or start with one of their templates; both options are relatively simple to do. It’s an all-inclusive platform that includes hosting, security protection and even search engine optimisation (SEO). Read on if you need help getting started or want tips on ensuring your site looks good or works well!
What is Squarespace
Squarespace is a website development platform you can use to create and manage your websites. It’s easy to learn, and the tools are intuitive. You can get started in minutes with no coding experience necessary, and you’ll even be able to create a fully-functioning site with content from scratch within minutes of signing up.
Squarespace offers hundreds of pre-made templates that cover every niche imaginable—from business sites to wedding photography portfolios; you’ll find something that fits your needs just right! And if none of them suits your fancy, they also have an endless supply of customisable options available through their design toolkit.
The best part about Squarespace? It has all the features (and more) one would typically expect from other website builders: blog posts, galleries, eCommerce stores, and the list goes on!
Can you build a Squarespace website yourself?
Yes, you can build a Squarespace website yourself.
The first thing you’ll need to do on the Home page is to click the ‘Get Started’ button. Squarespace has multiple packages. In 2022, these are Personal, Business, Basic Commerce and Advance Commerce packages. This will give you all the website development tools you need to create your site and allow you to customise it however you want.
Once you’ve signed up for a Squarespace account and logged in, you’ll see some options on the left-hand side of your screen.
You can use the drag-and-drop editor. You can add text, images, or video or use their pre-made templates if you need more creativity.
How to create a site from scratch
Step 2: Find a template that suits your site.
If you’re looking to start with your website, the easiest route is to start with a template.
Templates are pre-designed web pages that have been built and tested by professionals. You can customise the Squarespace website templates however you want, so they’re not just “template” pages but also your creations!
There are many different types of templates available on the Internet, but most share many standard features: text boxes where you can add text or images; boxes where videos will play (you may need additional software to do this work); links that take viewers directly to other parts of the site; contact information in case visitors want more details about what’s going on behind-the-scenes at your business or organisation.
Step 3: Add content to your Squarespace site by uploading images, graphics, videos, and text files. This can be done while building the site or after you’ve finished building it (you can add more pages or sections later).
Step 4: Customise how your website looks by adding colour schemes, font choices, and other design elements such as backgrounds and borders.
Benefits of building a website on Squarespace
- Squarespace is an excellent option for those who want a website but need more time or technical know-how to create one independently.
- Squarespace is designed to simplify website creation, and it does so very well.
- The platform’s easy-to-use interface allows you to focus on content rather than code, so even if you’ve never built a website before, you can get up and running in no time.
- It works on any device: Whether using it on your desktop computer or your smartphone, Squarespace works seamlessly across all devices with no glitches or lag time between pages loading (like some other platforms).
- Easy navigation and search functionality
- Squarespace offers 24/7 customer support via email, Twitter and the Facebook messenger if anything ever goes wrong with your site (which rarely happens). Live chat is also available in certain countries and at the following times:
Monday-Friday: 4:00 AM to 8:00 PM ET
- There is also outage updates on the Squarespace status page to see if there are maintenance or problems in the Squarespace platform.
The templates available are beautiful, and there are many options for customisation through CSS and HTML code editing. You can also host your site on Squarespace, which makes managing it much easier than other platforms like WordPress, Drupal, or Joomla.