Using Facebook professionally is beneficial, whether your goal is to grow your brand or get work leads.
You can grow your business or get a new job by joining Facebook Groups or going to Facebook Business pages.
What are Professional Facebook groups? How do these professional groups work?
Facebook groups, especially niche ones, are a great way to connect with people, get help, and share information.
To find a group on Facebook, you can search for the topic you’re interested in or browse what’s new. Groups usually have some application process, so they’re more exclusive than open groups. For example, if you want to join the “I Love Social Media” group for work, you must request membership.
And if there isn’t a professional Facebook group already created? Create one!
Here are some tips for using Facebook Groups for work or business:
1. Create a Facebook Group about your industry
2. Invite your customers and followers to join the group
3. Share in the professional group helpful content like videos, articles, and links to other resources on the topic of your industry
4. Ask questions about problems people may face in their businesses related to your group’s topic (for example: how do you handle demanding clients?)
5. Respond quickly when someone asks questions in the Facebook group. Responding shows them that you care.
What are Facebook business pages? Do you need one for your business?
Business pages also let you connect with customers, promote products, and build relationships with your audience. They’re free and easy to create!
To create a Facebook business page:
Firstly, create a personal profile on Facebook. This can be done by visiting the main Facebook website and clicking “Sign Up” in the top right corner of the screen.
Once you’ve created your profile and logged into Facebook, click “Create Page” in the top right corner of the Facebook screen. The following Facebook screen will bring you to a page where you can select your business category and add information about your business. You’ll also be able to choose whether or not you’d like people who visit your page to see posts from other companies (such as posts from our friends).
Why do you need an engaging Facebook page for your organisation or business?
The Facebook business page allows customers to easily find more information about your brand, service or product line.
You can use it as another point of contact for customer service inquiries or feedback.
An active business page or presence on social media is essential in today’s society because it helps build trust between companies and consumers alike.
The main reasons why using Facebook for work or business can be advantageous.
Make more money
- Find new clients.
- Find new employees.
- Find the newest job opportunities.
Meet more people
- Meet people and potential customers interested in what you offer in your business.
- Get to know your customers.
- Connect with other companies.
Although it is not an obvious job choice, you can use Facebook to find employment.
How to go about it is to create a list of companies that interest you based on research and then visit each company’s site to see if they are currently hiring. Researching this way is an efficient way to find job openings.
To be aware of new job postings, “like” and follow companies of interest on Facebook.
Another way to find jobs on Facebook is by using Facebook Groups focused on employment opportunities. Many people post ads in these groups when they have openings at their companies; others post ads when they’re looking for someone new to hire. If there isn’t a group dedicated to job listings in your area, consider creating one.
Benefits of using Facebook for work
It’s easy to use and intuitive. The Facebook interface is simple enough that even someone who hasn’t used Facebook before will find it easy to navigate.
Build an audience for your business. Businesses can engage with audiences on any device.
Using Facebook for work provides a suite of tools to manage your company’s presence on Facebook. For example, if you are an entrepreneur, use Facebook Business Manager and Messenger to improve your business.
The platform offers analytics, insights, and the ability to create and publish posts that help promote your business.
Further tips on how to use Facebook for work and business
- Create a professional-looking profile that reflects your brand’s values and mission.
- Post content that engages people, not just sells to them.
- Focus on the platform’s strengths. Facebook is a social network, so focus on creating content that will resonate with people in their everyday lives. Don’t try to sell products or services unless they’re related to something people care about.
- Target your customers with ads based on their interests and demographics rather than just the keywords in their profiles.
- Use analytics tools like Facebook Insights or Google Analytics to track your progress and optimise accordingly.
- Use imagery, graphics and even videos that show off your product or service
- Use hashtags related to your industry and location
- Promote a sale
- Offer coupons or seasonal discounts on your product or service
- Create a niche Facebook community around your brand or product. It is where you’ll have the most success with building an audience and getting people interested in what you do, so make sure every piece of content has a clear purpose related to driving engagement within this community (e.g., asking questions about what people want more of from your business).
- Target your content appropriately based on audience demographics and interests (as well as a location, if applicable). Having highly targeted content will help ensure that the right people see what you’re posting most often—and it will help them feel like they’re part of something special rather than just being bombarded by random posts from everyone else who also happens to have an account on Facebook.
- Answer questions from customers or potential customers
Facebook can be used by individuals as well for work.